Reminder: Do not include any PHI or PII in Confluence. If you require 508 accessibility assistance, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
ONC FAST Directory, Version & Scale Tiger Team: Proposed Solutions, Challenges, and Work Remaining
November 25, 2019 at 12:00PM - 2:00PM ET.
Join the FHIR at Scale Taskforce (FAST) on November 25, 2019 from 12:00 PM to 2:00 PM for an update from the Directory, Versioning and Scale Tiger Team. They have been working to address the technical barriers related to directory services, versioning and scale including:
- How do we find a FHIR endpoint for an organization or provider?
- How do we know what FHIR operations the endpoint supports?
- How do we know the authentication and authorization requirements for the endpoint?
- How to identify the version of FHIR supported by a FHIR endpoint?
- How can we adopt new versions of FHIR and manage backward compatibility?
- What are the rules for adopting a new version of FHIR on a national basis?
- How can we support the real-time requirements for RESTful FHIR solutions at scale?
- What are the models for FHIR connectivity at scale?
- What are the requirements for intermediaries in a high volume FHIR environment?
This session will cover one proposed solution per focus area including:
- Directory: A national solution for FHIR Endpoint Discovery
- Versioning: Supporting multiple production versions of FHIR
- Scale: Requirements for FHIR RESTful exchange intermediaries
In addition, this session will highlight known gaps and challenges which may impact these possible solutions and outline the remaining work to be done.
If you were not able to join the FAST 101 Education Session last month, you can get up to speed by watching the recorded session or reviewing the presentation slides at FAST 101 Informational Webinar. All who are interested in the work of FAST are encouraged to join the Technical Learning Community (TLC) and the LinkedIn Group for regular updates.
Webinar recording and presentation slide deck links: