Reminder: Do not include any PHI or PII in Confluence. If you require 508 accessibility assistance, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
FHIR at Scale Taskforce (FAST) 101: Information Session
September 12, 2019 at 10:00AM ET.
The accelerated pace of adoption of HL7® FHIR® (Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources) with various versions and approaches is expected to present challenges to the scalability of solutions currently being developed.
The FHIR at Scale Taskforce (FAST), an initiative convened by the Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT (ONC), brings together a highly representative group of motivated healthcare industry stakeholders and health information technology experts. The goal is to identify scalability barriers and propose solutions to accelerate the industry-wide adoption of the FHIR standard at scale.
This one-hour session, hosted by HL7, covered:
- What is FAST?
- FAST structure and Tiger Team approach to tackle FHIR scalability challenges
- FAST identified use cases and core capabilities for supporting FHIR solutions at scale
- Initial identified Technical and Regulatory and Policy barriers to the scalability of FHIR
- The FAST TechnicalLearning Community (TLC) and other ways to get involved
Webinar recording and presentation slide deck links:
- FHIR community
- Health IT community
- Providers (healthcare providers or health services providers)
- Health IT vendors · Health IT solutions developers and implementers
- Standards organizations
- Anyone with an interest in FHIR adoption
- Patrick Murta: Patrick is Solution Architecture Fellow at Humana and is responsible for the strategy and architecture as it relates to interoperability and providing integrated care delivery.
- Paul Oates: Paul is the Senior Enterprise Architect and Lead for the IT M&A Practice and currently leads the IT practice for Mergers, Acquisitions, Joint Ventures and Alliances for Cigna, focusing on technology aspects of target screening, due diligence assessments, and integration planning.