The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services invites vendors and stakeholders to review and provide feedback on draft electronic clinical quality measure (eCQM) measure packages that include logic and header changes for eCQMs under consideration for CMS quality reporting and payment programs.
This opportunity will allow CMS to learn from EHR vendors who have the technical capabilities to test the Health Quality Measure Format (HQMF) code by directly consuming machine readable XML files for eCQMs. Testing will help CMS to identify instances in which XML code produces errors so that issues can be resolved prior to posting the fully specified measures this spring. The measures in both HTML and XML formats will be available through March 28, 2017.
The draft measure packages are now available on the [ONC CQM Issue Tracker |ONC CQM Issue Tracker] via the following tickets:
- Eligible hospital and critical access hospital measures (CQM-2550)
- Eligible professional and eligible clinician measures (CQM-2551).
Please report questions and comments regarding the draft measure packages to the[ONC CQM Issue Tracker |ONC CQM Issue Tracker] tickets listed above.
*2017 eCQM Annual Update *
- CMS is updating Eligible Hospital and Eligible Professional/Eligible Clinician eCQMs for potential inclusion in the following programs:
- The Hospital Inpatient Quality Reporting Program (IQR);
- The Medicare and Medicaid Electronic Health Record (EHR) Incentive Programs for eligible hospitals, critical access hospitals and eligible professionals; and
- The Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS).
The updated eCQMs will be posted in Spring 2017 and will reflect 4.3 of the Quality Data Model (QDM). Measures will not be eligible for 2018 reporting unless and until they are proposed and finalized through notice-and-comment rulemaking for each applicable program.
*For More Information *
To find out more about electronic clinical quality measures, visit the [eCQI Resource Center|eCQI Resource Center] or [eCQM Library|eCQM Library].