Thank you for the feedback
The draft 2023 Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Quality Reporting Document Architecture (QRDA) Category III Implementation Guide (IG) and Schematron for Eligible Clinicians Programs are available for public comment starting on May 31, 2022 and closing at 5 pm eastern time (ET) on June 22, 2022. The 2023 CMS QRDA III IG outlines requirements for eligible clinicians to report electronic clinical quality measures for the calendar year 2023 performance period.
The draft 2023 CMS QRDA III IG contains these high-level changes, as compared with the 2022 CMS QRDA III IG:
- Updates to support HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA Release 2: Quality Reporting Document Architecture (QRDA III), Release 1.
- Updates to support 2023 reporting eCQM specifications.
- Updates to section 4.1 Primary Care First (PCF) Submissions.
Changes to the 2023 CMS QRDA III Schematron:
Updates to support HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA Release 2: Quality Reporting Document Architecture (QRDA III), Release 1. How to submit comments:
- You must have a Jira account to submit a comment.
- We will accept comments until 5:00 p.m. ET on June 22, 2022.
Please note, these are draft documents and the contents are subject to change. Content may change based on the final rule and updated measure identifiers tables are anticipated post-final rule publication. We look forward to receiving your feedback on the draft 2023 CMS QRDA III IG and schematron.
Additional QRDA-Related Resources:
- Find additional QRDA-related resources, as well as current and past implementation guides, on the Electronic Clinical Quality Improvement Resource Center QRDA page.
- See the QRDA Known Issues Dashboard for solutions under development for both QRDA I and III known technical issues. These known issues supplement the information in QRDA IGs and other supporting documents.