Responses posted in comments. Thanks all for the review and feedback!
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) recently posted the draft 2023 CMS Quality Reporting Document Architecture (QRDA) Category I Implementation Guide (IG) and schematron for Hospital Quality Reporting (HQR) for public comment. The draft IG will be available for public comment starting April 1, 2022 and ending at 5 p.m. eastern time (ET) April 22, 2022. The 2023 CMS QRDA I IG outlines requirements for eligible hospitals and critical access hospitals to report electronic clinical quality measures (eCQMs) for the calendar year 2023 reporting period. .
The draft 2023 CMS QRDA I IG contains these high-level changes compared with the 2022 CMS QRDA I IG:
- Updates to support HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA Release 2: Quality Reporting Document Architecture Category I, Release 1, Standard for Trial Use (STU) Release 5.3, US Realm as the base standard
- Updates to Table 6: QRDA I CMS Program Name
- Updates to Table 14: Other Validation Rules for HQR Programs
- Updates to Section 6 Hybrid Measures/CCDE Submission
The draft 2023 CMS QRDA I schematron file contains these high-level changes compared with the 2022 CMS QRDA I schematron:
- Updates to incorporate schematron updates from the base HL7 QRDA I STU Release 5.3 schematron
- Updates to support the updated templates QRDA Category I Report – CMS (V8) and Patient Data Section QDM – CMS (V8)
- Updates to the QRDA I CMS Program Name value set in the supporting voc.xml to match the updated Table 6: QRDA I CMS Program Name
Information about submitting comments:
- We are accepting comments until 5:00 p.m. ET on April 22, 2022
Please note, this is a draft document and the contents are subject to change. Contents may change based on final rules and your comments. We look forward to receiving your feedback on the draft 2023 CMS QRDA I IG.