Reminder: Do not include any PHI or PII in Confluence. If you require 508 accessibility assistance, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
ONC FAST Identity Tiger Team: Proposed Solutions, Challenges, and Work Remaining
November 21, 2019 at 12:00PM - 2:00PM ET.
Join the FHIR at Scale Taskforce (FAST) on November 21, 2019 from 12:00 PM to 2:00 PM for an update from the Identity Tiger Team. They have been working hard to address the technical barriers related to identity verification, including:
- How do we know who the patient is? The payer? The physician?
- How do we know the minimum patient data to return?
- What patient data should be returned in responses, including error messages?
- Can we rely on the consistency of identity-matching services across organizations?
- How do we map patient identity real-time?
- How do we address the misidentification risk?
- When is member/patient ID a requirement in a FHIR resource?
This session will cover three proposed solutions including:
- Mediated Patient Matching
- Collaborative Patient Matching
- Distributed Identity Management
In addition, this session will highlight any gaps and challenges which may impact these possible solutions and outline the remaining work to be done.
If you were not able to join the FAST 101 Information Session last month, you can get up to speed by watching the recorded session or reviewing the presentation slide deck at FAST 101 Informational Webinar. All who are interested in the work of FAST are encouraged to join the Technical Learning Community (TLC) and the LinkedIn Group for regular updates.
Webinar recording and presentation slide deck links: